Anglo Pacific World Movers

For assistance with removals, please click here.

Australian De Facto Visa

The de-facto visa is for couples who have been living together for at least 12 months. Either you or your partner must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.

There are two parts to this type of application – the sponsorship and the visa application. The Australian citizen or permanent resident must be the sponsor.

The validity of this visa is two years to begin with. During this period you are able to live and work in Australia. After approximately two years, immigration will re-assess your application. As long as your relationship is still ongoing, your visa will be made permanent. You do not need to apply for the permanent visa, your application for both temporary and permanent is submitted at the same time.

You must provide evidence of your de-facto relationship to support your application, including:

Surfboards On Beach
  • Joint financial/legal commitments
  • Evidence of having lived together for at least 12 months immediately prior to application
  • Relationship statements from each of you
  • Witness statements from family & friends confirming your relationship
  • Knowledge of each other's personal circumstances
  • Evidence of sponsor's employment

The fees for the de facto visa are:

$96.00 USD initial registration fee
$3085.00 AUD government fee
$1,582.00 USD administration fee (payable in two parts)

Additional costs apply if your application is submitted from inside Australia.

For further information, or to submit an enquiry regarding the de-facto visa, please complete our enquiry form below and one of our friendly team will contact you.

Enquire Now

Alternatively, you may telephone our office on +44 1925 470 639 (Main Processing Office) or E-Mail our office at

Should you wish to proceed with an application for a partner visa, we require you to register with our company. You will then be emailed an application pack including all relevant forms and check list of requirement documents. Registration can be completed either by telephone or online.

Register Now