Australian Tourist Visa Obligations
Once your visa has been granted, you will be required to comply with the conditions of the ETA tourist visa as listed below.
- Your reasons for visiting Australia must be purely for a holiday, tourism or visiting friends and family.
- You must not work whilst in Australia. However, limited volunteer work may be acceptable.
- You must not carry out any studying or training for longer than three months.
- You must meet medical requirements.
- You must not have any criminal convictions.
If you have any criminal convictions in any country, you will not be eligible to apply on the ETA tourist visa system. If arriving on an ETA with criminal convictions, you could be refused entry into Australia. You may still be eligible to apply for a six month tourist visa or 12 month tourist visa.
If you do not meet the conditions of the visa this could result in having your visa cancelled and you being asked to leave the country.
The cost of an Australian tourist visa is $24.00 USD.